Check if marriage has occurred in the following States under the consular jurisdiction of the Philippine Consulate General in Houston:

Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas

Civil Registry does not require personal appearance, and may be sent via registered mail (instructions below) or it can also be submitted personally


Reporting of Marriage Contracted Outside the Philippines

(between both Filipinos or a Filipino and a Foreign National)

Requirements Checklist:

  • Cover letter indicating your request to report a marriage, your contact numbers, email address and list of enclosed documents, if submitting by mail.
  • Personal Appearance of both parties if the application is to be submitted in person as the Report of Marriage form must be signed before a consular officer.
  • Four (4) original duly-accomplished Report of Marriage (ROM) forms in black ink, signed by both husband and wife. The wife should use her maiden name in filling out the ROM form. Spouses should also use their age at the time of marriage, not their current age at the time of filing the ROM. If submitting by mail, the completed forms must be notarized.
  • One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) copies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract (original will be returned) showing the number of marriages contracted by the parties and issued by the Office of the Vital Records or any other appropriate office of the State where the marriage took place. If the number of contracted marriages does not show, one certified copy and two regular copies of the marriage license showing the number of marriage must be additionally submitted.
  • One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) copies of Birth Certificates of the Filipino spouse/s from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), formerly the National Statistics Office (NSO)
  • Four (4) copies of government-issued identification cards or passports of both husband and wife. For Filipino spouse, submit copies of Philippine passport, resident alien card and/or Philippine dual citizenship Identification Certificate and Oath of Allegiance.
  • For former Filipino citizens, submit the US Certificate of Naturalization.

-          If divorced/previous marriage is annulled by a foreign court, the foreign judgment must be recognized by a Philippine Court. Present one (1) original and four (4) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the PSA (formerly NSO).

-          If previous marriage is annulled in the Philippines, present one (1) original and four (4) copies of the final order issued by the Philippine RTC and one (1) original and four (4) copies of the Annotated Marriage Certificate issued by the PSA.


-          One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate with, and the Death Certificate of the deceased spouse (original will be returned).


-          One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the divorce decree of the foreign spouse.

FEES:             $ 25.00, non-refundable and payable in CASH or MONEY ORDER (if sent by mail) payable to the Philippine Consulate General



  1. By Pick-up: 9:00am to 3:00pm after three (3) working days upon submission over the counter and payment of fees

(In case you will not be available to receive it personally, a representative must show the claim stub/Official receipt, an authorization letter with your signature, and valid IDs of both you and your representative)

  1. 2.By Mail: Processed documents to be mailed back after three (3) working days upon acceptance, provided that the applicant submits:

- Self-addressed stamped envelope with prepaid postage and tracking number such as the USPS Priority Mail/Express Mail. This will enable you to track your passport or document when mailed.

- Write legibly your name and mailing address on both the Sender/”To” and Recipient/”From” spaces


REPORT OF MARRIAGE BY MAIL                  

You may send your documents (ROM Forms duly notarized by a Notary Public or notarized by a Notary Public accredited by the Consulate General) with a self-addressed envelope, with appropriate stamps for express or priority mail with tracking numbers via US Postal Service, using a pre-paid mailing envelope. The Consulate recommends USPS Priority Express envelopes (document / large size).   Please do not send white letter envelopes, as your return documents will not fit.

Enclose the $25 processing fee, in money order or cashier’s check. Please do not send cash or personal check

Note: The Philippine Consulate General assumes no responsibility for any delay or loss in the mail, or while the documents are in the custody of the courier service. The applicant should note the tracking numbers of all envelopes used and submitted, and may track their envelopes at the USPS website.

Documents issued from the following States are accepted by Houston PCG:

Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas

Release of Copies of the Documents (Birth, Marriage and Death) from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), formerly NSO

It will take around eight (8) months to one (1) year from the date of filing of Report of Birth before the PSA can generate a copy of the requested document on security paper with a barcode. Once available, you may request online for a hard copy of the report of Birth/Marriage/Death at

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional documents upon assessment of the application depending on the circumstances of the applicant’s marriage. Factors such as citizenship, previous civil status and other details may affect the status of your application. Please submit your contact details along with your application documents (mobile phone and email address) so that the Consulate can reach you immediately.

Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for queries regarding your application.