Lifting of the Travel Ban to and From Taiwan
14 February 2020 – Further to the Public Advisory of the Philippine Consulate General in Houston dated 12 February 2020 issued in view of the developing situation on the Covid-19, previously known as the 2019 novel coronavirus (2019 n-CoV), the Consulate wishes to inform the public that Philippine authorities have officially LIFTED the travel ban imposed upon TAIWAN.
In this regard, the public is advised of the following guidelines:
- Travel restrictions imposed upon Taiwan are lifted, effective immediately;
- Travel restrictions shall remain in effect with regard to China, Hong Kong and Macau, and the exceptions applicable to Filipino citizens and holders of Permanent Resident Visa shall similarly apply to members of the diplomatic corps regardless of nationality; and
- Any resolution made by Philippine authorities on travel restrictions are subject to regular review.
For the above reason, the public is further advised to actively monitor the developing situation on Covid-19 through the following links:
- Philippine Department of Health:
- Philippine Bureau of Immigration: https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/
- US State Department: www.state.gov
- US Center for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov
- Texas Department of State Health Services: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/