RENUNCIATION OF PHILIPPINE CITIZENSHIP
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old;
SUBMIT ORIGINAL AND TWO COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Affidavit of Renunciation of Philippine Citizenship, notarized by any Notary Public
- Philippine passport (original passport will be cancelled and retained at the Philippine Consulate General)
- For those who have retained/re-acquired Philippine citizenship (dual citizen) under R.A. 9225:
- Identification Certificate, Oath of Allegiance, and Order of Approval – originals will be cancelled and retained at the Philippine Consulate General
- Philippine Birth Certificate
- US certificate of naturalization and/or US Passport
- For those born in the United States of America, submit proof of Philippine citizenship of parent/s at the time of birth (e.g. US naturalization certificate, US green card, Philippine passport).
- Additional documentation may be required based on the documents presented and special circumstances of the applicant.
- Applications submitted through an agent or third party should include an authorization letter signed by the applicant (notarized by any Notary Public).
- Applications submitted by mail, must provide the contact details (e.g. phone/mobile number, e-mail address) of the applicant and a return self-addressed stamped envelope with tracking number.
CERTIFICATION FEE : $25.00
- To be paid in cash or money order/bank draft made payable to the Philippine Consulate General.