PUBLIC ADVISORY No. 8 on COVID-19
EXEMPTION OF FOREIGN SPOUSES, CHILDREN AND PARENTS
OF FILIPINO NATIONALS FROM THE
TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF VISA ISSUANCE
The Philippine Consulate General in Houston (Houston PCG) wishes to inform the public that effective immediately, the following are exempted from the temporary suspension of visa issuance:
- Foreign spouses of Filipino nationals;
- Foreign minor children, and foreign children with special needs regardless of age, of Filipino nationals; and,
- Foreign parents of minor Filipino children and of Filipino children with special needs regardless of age.
The abovementioned nationals may be allowed entry into the Philippines, provided that they secure or possess appropriate visas. The exemption likewise covers former Filipinos, naturalized in other countries, who belong to said categories.
Houston PCG may now issue visas to the abovementioned nationals, pursuant to applicable regulations, provided that they present documentary proof issued by Philippine authorities or foreign governments, except those inconsistent with Philippine regulations (e.g. same-sex marriage and common-law spouse certificates).
All visa applicants are reminded that per Resolution No. 56 of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, the entry of the abovementioned foreigners is subject to the following conditions:
- Applicant must have a pre-booked accredited quarantine facility;
- Applicant must have a pre-booked COVID-19 testing provider; and,
- Applicant’s travel is subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers.
Houston PCG shall only entertain visa applications sent through mail. More information on the requirements for the issuance of visas can be accessed through https://houstonpcg.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/consular-services/visa-services